At Solo Stove, we’ve been building the best outdoor fire pits and cooking stoves for over a decade. Over those years, we’ve learned there’s something special that happens when you get into the elements and reconnect with what matters most. We're not just a product company; we're a relationship company, and we're seeking a Retention Marketing Manager who shares our passion for helping people around the world make those unforgettable moments by the fire.
About this opportunity
Working closely with the creative team, marketing team, and senior management, you will create and oversee all email & SMS strategies and build, deploy, and analyze all email/SMS marketing campaigns & automation. You will work to develop new campaigns, analyze results, and develop key insights to make appropriate recommendations to senior management through accurate and effective data analysis. This role will be customer-centric, equally creative and data-driven, and completely instrumental in scaling growth in the U.S. and in international markets. The Retention Marketing Manager will lead a Retention Marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the retention marketing roadmap to drive revenue, LTV, and engagement across all customer segments.
- Continually design, implement and measure the results of smart tests to improve the performance of the email and SMS programs.
- Evolve retention marketing success measurement from short-term focus (revenue per send) to long-term focus (incremental lifetime value per customer). Quantify and act on the downstream impacts of unsubscribes, send frequency, etc.
- Create and maintain automation rules and triggers, personalized workflows, dynamic content sections, nurtures, and list segmentation.
- Create and modify existing HTML email templates using the latest mobile-friendly and responsive design techniques.
- Collaborate with the data analytics team for measuring results and building customer cohorts.
- Maintained and improved weekly & monthly dashboards to monitor, analyze and identify trends in campaign and channel performance. Report on sales revenue generated from email marketing efforts.
- Benchmarked email campaign performance against key metrics to identify growth areas, shared meaningful insights, and recommended next steps with cross-functional teams.
- Shared recommendations to help grow our email program content thoughts outside of the box with our team to come up with new test ideas for Growth.
- Coordinated cross-functionally with Creative, Logistics, Social, Customer Support, Digital Product, and Operations teams to understand the pain points in the customer journey to continually deliver a delightful user experience.
- Ensured compliance with spam and privacy laws in various regions. Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices.
- Act as an internal expert on retention marketing, email/SMS trends, technology, and best practices.
- BA/BS degree required.
- 3-5 years of email, retention, and/or performance marketing experience, preferably in the e-commerce industry.
- Strong analytical skills and proven track record of turning insights into actionable plans.
- Solid understanding of the retail, e-commerce, and email marketing industries and KPIs.
- Ability to react to changing business needs by modifying plans and adjusting deliverables efficiently.
- Strong project management skills managing deadlines, calendars, and data needs.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities and manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to build relationships to achieve team goals.
- Experience with Attentive and Klaviyo a plus.
- Unlimited PTO
- Mental health/wellness hours
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees, 80%-covered for dependents
- 401(k) with 3% match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible spending account
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Generous employee discount
- Employee product library program
- Priceless opportunity to work with the coolest team ever!
SoloStove participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program here.